The Recreation Assistance Program provides City of Hamilton residents living with a low income the opportunity to participate in organized sports and recreation programs.
For Families (with children under 18)
Benefits valid for 12 months from approval date
- Free Family Participation Pass (valid for City wide drop-in recreation programs with no instructor)
- Free Family Skate Pass (valid for City wide drop-in public skates)
- 90% discount off City of Hamilton registered programs (up to $150 per child)
- 50% discount off Affiliated Minor Sport league registration fees (up to a maximum of $100 on baseball, basketball, soccer, lacrosse and football or $150 on hockey, skating, ringette)
- 65% discount off of year round Camp Kidaca programs (up to 15 days at the base fee)
For Adults/Seniors (no children at address)
Benefits valid for 12 months from purchase date
Adults/Seniors can choose one of the following:
- 75% off an Annual Participation Pass
- 75% off an Annual Skating Pass
- 50% off an Annual Waterfit Pass
- 50% off Adult Monthly Waterfit Passes
For more information, including income cut-offs, please see the City of Hamilton Recreation Assistance website.