Virtual Care Services December 2022 Update (.pptx)
- Continue the H409 and H410 sessional fees for physicians providing COVID-19 services at ministry-designated Assessment Centres
After Hours Premiums
- Continue the temporary payment criteria for after hours procedure premiums E409 and E410 to November 28, 2021
AGMP Modifier Payments
- Reactivate the E405A COVID Hospital Complexity Modifier for AGMPs in hospital retroactive to October 1, 2020 and until September 30, 2021
Focused Practice Psychotherapy Premium for Virtual Care
- New – application of the existing focused practice psychotherapy premium for eligible physicians that relates to in-person psychotherapy to psychotherapy provided by phone or video using the K082 virtual care K-code for the period of March 14, 2021 to September 30, 2021
Critical Care Premiums
- New – COVID-19 temporary 30% premium (E415A) for life threatening critical care services G521, G522 and G523, in lieu of hospital hourly Protective or Pre-Emptive Code Blue Teams funding*, for the period of October 1, 2020 to September 30, 2021
*NB – PCB services started on December 15, 2020 at the Juravinski Hospital therefore, the 30% premium is not applicable for critical care services at JH from that time onward.
If registered with OTN (OHIP Virtual Care Physician & Dentist Registration Form), and using the OTN eVisit platform, you can bill an Assessment code plus a B tracking code, which is payable at 0.00.
There must be a Service Location Indicator Field in your billing software, and you must enter OTN in that field. OHIP does not know which platform is being used.
If using another platform, (eg Telus or REACTS), K codes must be used for billing.
It was mentioned that after COVID, K codes may disappear and we will need to use OTN with the B codes to bill virtual visits, but of course there is no timeframe for this and hopefully criteria for Virtual visits will be expanded in the coming months.