- City of Hamilton website on COVID-19 symptoms
- Patients can call the hotline: 905-974-9848 , option 7
Want or need to get a COVID-19 test?
- Go to the COVID-19 testing portal
- Patients can also book a test by calling 905-974-9848, then press 2
Questions about COVID-19 vaccines?
- All you need to know and frequently asked COVID vaccine questions go to City of Hamilton Public Health
- AstraZeneca COVIShield Clotting Risk and Effectiveness Information (McMaster Family Health Team, updated May 12, 2021)
- Lay summary of the Canadian Science Table report on clotting risk following AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccination.
- AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson patient info sheets (Centre for Effective Practice)
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Is It the Right Choice for Me? (EBSCO Clinical Decisions)
- Translated Vaccine Resources (Toronto Public Health)
Scroll down on page for Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Dari, Farsi, French, Germa, Greek, Gujarat, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Karen, Korean, Nepali, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russia, Serbian, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Tigrinya, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, and Vietnamese.
- A Safe and Effective Second Dose (English); Une seconde dose sécuritaire et efficace (French) – Fact sheet on vaccine interchangeability (Ontario Ministry of Health, June 21, 2021).
- Patients can also call the hotline: 905-974-9848, option 7 or email: email@example.com with general vaccine questions
- Patients should discuss any personal medical questions related to the vaccine with their health care provider (i.e., If they are unsure about their allergies, if they have autoimmune or immunosuppressed conditions, if they are pregnant, or who need to discuss getting the vaccine)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Medical Exemptions (Focused Communications, September 26, 2021)
- The current list of immunosuppressant medications from the Ontario Ministry of Health can be found starting on Page 5 of this living document – COVID-19 Third Dose Recommendations.
How do I get the vaccine in Ontario?
- Everyone who will be 12 years of age or older before the end of 2021 can receive a COVID-19 vaccine. If you received your first dose more than 28 days ago, you can now get your second dose.
- Information on where to get vaccinated in Hamilton and answers to frequently asked COVID-19 vaccines questions is available on City of Hamilton website
Self-isolation and Physical Distancing
- Multilingual COVID-19 Factsheets (Public Health Ontario)
- COVID-19 symptoms in comparison to the flu and the common cold (Alberta Health Services)
- Video: How to Overcome a Fear of Facemasks (Rob Tarzwell)
- Self-isolating at Home with Others (prepared by Eilish Scallan and Jillian Howden)
- Wearing and disposing of masks (OCFP)
- Ineffective Face Mask Bingo (by Skidar Studios, Christine Ridgway)
- Dealing with Mask Anxiety (prepared by Kellie Scott, Jillian Toogood and Rachel Orchard with Joyce Lock)
- COVID-19 Risk Index (COVID-19 Recovery Consulting)
For Patients with COVID Illness
- COVID-19 Guides for Patients
- Pulse Oximeter Patient Instructions (ProResp)
- Translated Pulse Oximeter Patient Instructions are available in Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (simplified), Dari, French, Hindi, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- How to Use a Pulse Oximeter YouTube video
- COVID-19 Symptom Timeline: Why Days 5 to 10 Are So Important When You Have Coronavirus (Georgian Bay Family Health Team).
- COVID-19 Timed Position Changes Instructions (Georgian Bay Family Health Team).
Return to School
- Back to School with McMaster Children’s Hospital
- OMA COVID Clearance Attestation Form
- Helping your family prepare for return to school (Dana Abenstein, Darren Abenstein, Farah Alli-Shaw)
- Safe Return to School Toolkit (Windsor-Essex County Health Unit)
- Navigating Patient Concerns and Requests in the COVID-19 Context (Centre for Effective Practice)
Mobility and Fitness
- Physical Activity at Home with Online Programs (prepared by Laura Doyle and Colleen McPhee)
- Staying Active at Home ( recorded webinar provided by the Hamilton Family Health Team)
- Staying Heart Healthy at Home During COVID-19 (recorded webinar provided by the Hamilton Family Health Team)
- List of Publicly Funded Physiotherapy Clinics (prepared by Stonechurch Family Health Centre)
- City of Hamilton Recreation Assistance Program
- Back Pain with Extension (prepared by the Interprofessional Spine Assessment and Education Clinic)
- Back Pain with Flexion (prepared by the Interprofessional Spine Assessment and Education Clinic)
- Online wellness workshops for all patients in Hamilton (provided by the Hamilton Family Health Team)
- Resources for Canadians living with pain during COVID-19 (Health Canada)
- Take Control Take Charge resources and webinars (Province of Ontario)
- Hamilton Directory of Community Services, COVID-19 Update, (prepared by Canadian Mental Health Association, Hamilton)
Food and Financial Resources
- Food and Financial Resources (Prepared by Dan Edwards and Sundee Himberg)
- Sleep Well (prepared by Martha Bauer, Colleen O’Neill, Kiska Colwill and Naomi Dore)
- Stress Symptoms (prepared by K. Lynn Dykeman, Colleen O’Neill and Dee Mangin)
- Stressbusting During COVID-19 (prepared by K. Lynn Dykeman and Colleen O’Neill)
- Stressbusting During COVID-19 Part 2: More Ways To Help You Deal With Stress (prepared by K. Lynn Dykeman and Colleen O’Neill)
- Tolerance for Uncertainty: A COVID-19 Workbook: a guide to accept your feelings, tolerate the distress, and thrive (prepared by Dr. Sachiko Nagasawa)
- Planning your Pandemic Pantry (Primary Care Dietitians Association)
- COVID-19, Food and Supplements: Facts and Myths (Primary Care Dietitians Association)
- How to Grocery Shop Safely During COVID-19 (Primary Care Dietitians Association)
- Food and Mood: Diet and Depression (recorded webinar provided by the Hamilton Family Health Team)
- What to do During COVID-19 if You Have Diabetes (recorded webinar provided by the Hamilton Family Health Team)
Working from Home
- Working from Home — Tips and Tricks (prepared by Martha Bauer)
Maternal Newborn Care
- Looking After Your New Baby During COVID-19 (prepared by Tejal Patel, Rebecca Steen, and Angela Reitsma)
- Breastfeeding Considerations for COVID-19 Probable or Positive Patients (prepared by Tejal Patel)
- Resources prepared by Health Nexus
- Online Resource for Social Connection and Mental Wellness an Social Connection (prepared by Canadian Mental Health Association, Hamilton)
- 50 Ways to Stay Mentally Healthy While Social Distancing (prepared by Canadian Mental Health Association, Hamilton)
- Online wellness workshops for all patients in Hamilton (recorded webinar provided by the Hamilton Family Health Team)
- Mental Health Resources for Parents and Children (provided by the Toronto Sick Kids Hospital)
- 50 Activities For The Elderly In Lockdown and Isolation (Golden Careers)
- Supporting child and youth mental health during COVID-19 (City of Hamilton)
- COVID-19 mental health (City of Hamilton)
- Resources for Low Mood and Anxiety